Hyundai Veloster Turbo SE Charges Into UK showrooms
- Veloster Turbo SE will be available in UK showrooms priced at £21,995
- Powered by a 1.6-litre T-GDI engine delivering 186PS and 265Nm of torque
- Re-tuned engine and firmer dampers optimised for European driver tastes
- Improved performance and driver engagement for Hyundai’s all-new coupe
- Range-topping standard specification including many comfort, convenience and technology features
The turbocharged version of the Veloster 1+2 door coupe will be available in showrooms from September 24 priced at £21,995.
The Veloster Turbo SE is the first vehicle to feature Hyundai’s 1.6-litre T-GDI engine with a high-compression, twin-scroll turbocharger. To best suit European driving tastes and enhance driver enjoyment, power output has been boosted and low end torque increased.
It develops 186PS (184bhp) and 195lb ft (265Nm) of torque and is mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission featuring a wider gear ratio. This delivers a top speed of 133 mph and acceleration from 0-62mph in 8.4 seconds. Maximum torque is delivered between 1,500rpm and 4,500rpm and the benefit is a more engaging and responsive drive. Firmer dampers ensure improved body control.
As with all Hyundai powertrain offerings, efficiency has been maximised so in spite of increased performance, the Veloster Turbo SE offers CO2 emissions of just 157g/km with fuel economy of 40.9mpg on the combined cycle.